Moose Jaw Bylaws: Electric Kick Scooters
(1) Every person operating an electric kick scooter shall operate their scooter in accordance with the rules as set out in this Bylaw and The Traffic Safety Act and the associated regulations.
(2) Persons shall only operate electric kick scooters:
- on trails and pathways; or
- on a highway if the highway as a speed of 50 km/h or less.
(3) No person shall operate an electric lock scooter:
- on a public highway with a speed limit exceeding 50 km/h;
- at a speed above the maximum speed limit 24 km/h;
- on a sidewalk, unless the person is walking their electric kick scooter;
- in a marked crosswalk unless the person is walking their electric kick scooter or
- recklessly or negligently at a speed or in a manner dangerous to the scooter user or the public.
(Bylaw No 5695. 2023)